Wanted: Digital and Social Media Volunteer
Digital & Social Media Volunteer
Citizens Advice Leighton & Linslade (CALL) is looking for an experienced digital and social media volunteer to join our local team.
- Could you volunteer up to 5 hours a week to support us communicate with our local residents?
- Are you interested in getting involved in the voluntary sector and working with your local community?
- Looking to enhance your CV and stand out from the crowd?
Ensuring our digital and social channels are fully employed with informative, engaging content is absolutely key to CALL’s success. And this is how our Digital & Social Media Volunteer would play an essential part in helping us reach our community.
Last year this office’s 45 volunteers and eight members of staff helped around 2,500 people in Leighton-Linslade with about 11,000 different issues. Demand for advice and support is ever-increasing, especially as we continue to see the impact of coronavirus, and we continue to be available to help our community through these tough times with support and advice on benefits, employment problems and redundancy, housing and rent issues and debt and money problems.
So, what’s involved? You would:
- promote our services to the community so that people really understand what Citizens Advice does and how they can get advice.
- manage our digital and social content, including our website, Facebook & Twitter, newsletter etc
- talk to clients or volunteers about their experiences
What’s in it for you? You could:
- make a real difference to people’s lives.
- enhance your CV and increase your employability.
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening, marketing and advertising.
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- have a positive impact in your community.
- gain experience of the voluntary sector.
And we’ll reimburse reasonable expenses too.
What do you need to have? There are no specific qualifications but you’ll need to:
- have knowledge and experience in use of digital and social channels (essential)
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We are flexible but would be looking for up to 5 hours spread across the week.
If you’re interested and would like an informal chat or to request more information/an application form please contact:
Kash Karimzandi, Chief Officer, on 01525 374589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org